Dough-Licious Cookie Kits
Course: Business in Information Systems
Year of study: 1st year
College: Cork Institute of Technology
Business name: Dough-Licious Cookie Kits
Sector: Lucy Cummins
Business idea: Funky festival fashion designed and made in Ireland by Lucy and Tracey Cummins. All clothes are made for girls and boys to stand out while staying groovy and edgy with our trend setting fashion and designs.
Student Inc. Programme Highlights
- Making new friends
- Gaining experience in the entrepreneurship world.
- Learning how to do different types of presentations for example elevator pitches, lead generation plan pitches, angel investor pitches etc.
- Learning about all the different steps and the process behind starting a new business.
Any previous entrepreneurship experience before you joined Student Inc.?
- Started off by selling second-hand items, lemonade and cakes on the side of the street.
- Making and selling Christmas wreaths around my parish.
- Mini-Company – Made it to the finals.
- C.I.T. Dragons Den
What connections did you make on the programme?
I have made so many connections regarding product developers, financial advisors, presentation advisors and people who have experience in the food industry.
What advice would you give to someone thinking of applying to Student Inc.?
Deeply consider going into a group, rather than doing all the workload on your own. Maybe have a bit of a business plan started before going into Student Inc.